Best Books for NCLEX-RN Examination Available in India 2023-2024
Best Books for NCLEX-RN Examination Available in India 2023-2024 – The NCLEX is the final hurdle in your path to becoming a licensed nurse, and should not be taken lightly. The point of the test is to evaluate your ethics and knowledge as a future nursing professional. With the proper resources and approach, you can crack this exam and start your career with confidence
Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN is our best overall study guide for our list of the best NCLEX RN prep books.
The review sections for Saunders Comprehensive are very comprehensive and in-depth. This gives you confidence on test day that you won’t be surprised with new material that you have not studied since all of it is included in this guide.
The answer explanations are also very detailed and thorough. You will never be left scratching your head wondering why you got a question wrong while studying. These explanations will also help you to learn from your mistakes, which is always an advantage.
There are also plenty of practice questions to make sure that you get those repetitions in before the test. The better you prepare, the higher your score on test day will be.
The Saunders Review also contains over 5,000 practice questions that are also available online. Questions are found at the end of each chapter so that studying and revising go hand-in-hand while the information is still fresh. All answers are properly explained for both correct and incorrect options, which helps students to be more conversant with the options given and how to approach each type of question. For those who prefer to study online, there is also an exclusive website that contains even more study resources that help to further clarify the book’s contents. All of these features are what helped us to determine this book as the best NCLEX review book on the market to date!
- Over 5,000 practice questions are available online
- End of chapter review questions
- Test strategy explanations are easy to follow
- Updated visual content makes for easier learning
- 75-question comprehensive exam covers all content areas in the book in the same percentages that they are covered on the actual NCLEX-RN test plan.
- The inclusion of all alternate item format questions covers multiple responses, prioritizing [ordered response], fill-in-the-blank, figure/illustration [hot spot], chart/exhibit, video, and audio questions to give students practice with mastering prioritizing decision-making, and critical thinking skills.
- Presents introductory chapters on preparation guidance for the NCLEX-RN, nonacademic preparation, test-taking strategies, the CAT format, and the NCLEX-RN from a new graduate’s experience.
- Expanded coverage of delegation, prioritization, and triage/disaster management in the practice questions reflect the areas of increased emphasis on the NCLEX exam.
The Kaplan NCLEX review book is notorious among nursing students for its challenging question bank. This book is a great choice if you want to push yourself and arrive at the exam feeling confident and seriously prepared. Every page gets right to the point, so you don’t waste any time. When you’re juggling studying with nursing classes, that efficiency is a big benefit.
Kaplan’s Decision Tree method helps to enhance your reasoning and analytical skills. It further provides a wealth of practice content both in the book and online, as well as nursing professional reviews that will help you to better process the key concepts. Finally, there is also a ton of great extra online resources, including practice tests and video lessons.
There’s a reason Kaplan gets some of the best NCLEX review book ratings — it helps you figure out how to approach each question. For students who tend to panic during tests, these critical-thinking strategies can be a lifesaver. Like the other nursing study guides, this one comes with paper and online practice tests to help you monitor your progress.
8 end-of-chapter practice sets to help you put critical thinking principles into action and apply the medical knowledge you’ve gained in real-life situations
2 full-length practice tests to gauge your progress—one in the book, one online
Detailed rationales for all answer choices, correct and incorrect
Buy it Now: Kaplan NCLEX-RN Prep Plus on Amazon
Lippincott Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN focuses on 4 major content areas- pediatrics, mental health, obstetrics, and medical-surgical nursing. Each of those sections is carefully organized to help you become more familiar with common health problems.
Additionally, you’ll find 6 comprehensive examinations to help you get a feel of what it’s like to take the NCLEX-RN test. The book has over 6,000 questions that facilitate higher-order thinking and active learning. Detailed rationales for each question
One weakness of Lippincott Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN is that a few categories such as leadership and management are not introduced as topics. However, the questions for these topics are included separately under other subjects, which somewhat makes up for it.
If you are looking for something that has a lot of sample questions instead of subject reviews, the Lippincott Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN would be the best choice for you. Other features include the use of all the types of alternate-format questions found on the licensing examination, detailed rationale for both correct and incorrect answers, information about the NCLEX-RN, study tips, and a Content Mastery and Test-Taking Self Analysis grid by which students can chart their own progress and modify study plans as needed.
Buy it Now:Lippincott Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN on Amazon
NCLEX-RN Questions & Answers Made Incredibly Easy really lives up to its name. Divided into 7 parts, it’s organized and easy to use. It features a two-column format which gives you immediate feedback and rationales for the answers.
Throughout the book, the Made Incredibly Easy design, art, and captions help to engage students and present a fun, relaxed, encouraging, and supportive learning experience
The reviewer has over 6,500 questions. The comprehensive tests vary in length. Some have 75 questions while others have 265 questions. These are the maximum number of items candidates are required to answer when taking the NCLEX.
Other features include the use of all the types of alternate-format questions found on the licensing examination, detailed rationale for both correct and incorrect answers, information about the NCLEX-RN, and study tips.
Another favorite among those who have successfully completed the NCLEX exam is the HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination. It is among the most concise and clear texts on the market in terms of explanation and presentation. The tables and charts are attractive, thoughtful, and well-crafted.
The HESI prepares you for the type of questions that you will encounter in the NCLEX. Because it is said to be a good predictor of NCLEX success, some nursing schools require it as a part of their admission process.
The book is broken down into chapters, each one focusing on a specific clinical area. If you want to go back to a certain topic, you can easily do so without spending a lot of time and effort. Despite the broad coverage, the book is easy to understand. This is because the content is delivered in a clear and concise manner. No ornate language that tries to impress – just nursing concepts laid down as simple as possible.
The book contains important updates including pediatric immunization, neonatal PR guidelines and medications, and psychiatric nursing. You will also notice that the book’s layout is strategically executed. The pharmacology tables, the hint boxes with useful tips, and the charts and graphics all help in retaining information. In addition, this layout keeps things interesting, especially if your focus is already waning after studying for hours.
- Over 900 NCLEX practice questions on the Evolve website include alternate item formats, simulating the experience of taking the nursing school exit exam and the NCLEX-RN exam.
- Hint boxes highlight important clinical information and concepts commonly tested on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- Critical thinking study questions include answers and rationales, reinforcing your understanding of key concepts and content.
- Fill-in-the-blank and prioritizing questions mirror the alternate item format item types included on the NCLEX-RN exam.
The Mosby NCLEX review is one of the most polarizing options for nursing students. Most people either love it or hate it. There’s no question — this is one of the hardest study guides to get through. If you can manage it, however, you’ll arrive feeling more confident and prepared on test day.
Content review is presented in a concise and full-color outline format organized by the core areas of medical-surgical, pediatric, maternity, or women’s health and mental health nursing, with a practice test following each unit. More than 4,200 practice questions and rationales including more than 600 questions
- Challenging questions
- Thousands of standard and alternate-format options
- Includes NCLEX review CD
- Covered topics: med-surg, maternity/women’s health, mental health, pediatric
Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX-RN® Examination prepare you not only for the NCLEX but for the actual demands of the nursing profession. It is easy to memorize concepts and recall them when you are faced with simple Q&A, but application and analysis are a whole new ballgame.
After an introduction to the NCLEX, you will find practice questions that test your knowledge of appropriate actions to the given scenarios. The value of these questions lies not in the quantity but rather in the quality. Beginning with concepts relating to prioritization, delegation, and assignment decisions, the workbook guides you through patient care scenarios and exercises progressing from simple to complex.
In addition, the answers are explained thoroughly. This paints an even clearer picture of the scenario and helps you appreciate why a certain action is the best thing to do. The questions chapter includes only NGN-style questions to help you focus your study time on these new question formats. Dozens of additional questions and answers provide more review and practice for the increasingly challenging NCLEX-RN Exam
- Realistic case studies
- Detailed explanations of answers
Davis’s Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN is another book with loads of practice material. This is said to be the most number of practice questions in any NCLEX prep book.
This book also allows you to easily identify your strong and weak points. From there, you can plan your next steps, particularly spending more time on your areas for improvement.
Davis’s Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN has one of the most comprehensive rationales among the NCLEX prep books. There is a great effort to really help you understand the question. It does not tell you to memorize the answers, which we all know doesn’t work.
- Provides an overview of the latest NCLEX-RN® test plan.
- It has a total of 12,750 items – 2,750 in the book 10,000 online audio and video, and new clinical judgment questions.
- Comprehensive rationales for correct and incorrect responses that explain why you answered a question correctly or incorrectly.
- Test-taking tips for key questions, with strategies for selecting the correct response when you are unsure of the answer.
- Practice questions that guide you through all the content covered on the NCLEX.
- Two comprehensive exams to test your mastery of all subject areas covered on the NCLEX exam.
- Includes new color coding and thumb tabs for easy navigation from questions to answers.
Buy it Now : Davis’s Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN on Amazon
Also Read – Food Feedings of newborn children