Method of Hand washing (Medical Asepsis)
Purpose of hand washing
• prevent the spread of infection
• increase psychological comfort
Equipment used for Hand washing (Medical Asepsis)
• Soap and alcohal based hand wash gel for routine hand washing
• wood stick or other methods for cleaning nails, if available
• warm water, paper towel or cotten towel , trash basket
Procedure or Method of Hand washing (Medical Asepsis)
- Stand in front of sink but make a distance from sink to avoid touching of uniform to a sink.
- Ensure that towel or paper towel is hanging down from dispenser.
- Turn water on ensure to avoid tap opening by hand using foot pedal or using elbow of hand so that flow is adequate, but not splashing.
- Adjust the temperature to warm water . Rationale: cold does not
facilitate sudsing and cleaning; more hot water is damaging to skin.
- Do wet hands under running water, wet hands facilitate
distribution of soap over entire skin surface.
- Place a small amount, 5 to 10mLof liquid
soap on hands. Thoroughly distribute it on hands. Soap should
come from a dispenser, possible; this prevents spread of
microorganism and infection.
- Rub your hands vigorously, using a firm, circular motion, while keeping your fingers pointed down, lower than wrists. make Star with each finger and then between fingers, then palm and back of hand to
create friction on all surfaces areas of your hand.
- Wash your hands for a time at least 20-30 seconds. Duration of
washing it is important to produce mechanical action and allow
correct antimicrobial products time to achieve desired effect.
- Clean your fingernails with an wood stick or others methods. (This
should be done properly and make ensure cut your nails time to time.
- Rinse your hands under running water, keeping
pointed down fingers ward in order to prevent contamination of your arms.
- if your hands heavily contaminated.Resoap your hands, rewash, and rerinse.
- Dry your hands thoroughly with a paper towel or towel, while keeping your hands positioned with fingers pointing up. if your hands Moist tend to gather more microorganisms from the environment.
- Then Turn off water tap with dry paper towel, if you not using foot
pedal to avoid contaminating the hands and taps.
- Restart this procedure at step 5 if your hands touch the sink or other contaminated source any time between steps 5 and 13.
Wash Your Hands and Stay safe