In this artical we tell you about these Questions Define nursing, What are the Characteristics of Nurse ? what are the functions of nurse? BEST 10 GOOD QUALITIES and Professional Values of Nursing.
Nursing encompasses autonomous and collaborative care of individuals of all ages, families, groups and communities, sick or well and in all settings. Nursing includes the promotion of health, prevention of illness, and the care of ill, disabled and dying people. Advocacy, promotion of a safe environment, research, participation in shaping health policy and in patient and health -systems management, and education are also key nursing roles.
What are the Characteristics of Nurse ?
Nursing, as an integral part of the health care system, encompasses the promotion of health, prevention of illness, and care of physically ill, mentally ill, and disabled people of all ages, in all health care and other community settings. Within this broad spectrum of health care, the phenomena of particular concern to nurses are individual, family, and group “responses to actual or potential health problems”. These human responses range broadly from health restoring reactions to an individual episode of illness to the development of policy in promoting the long-term health of a population.
The unique function of nurses in caring for individuals, sick or well, is to assess their responses to their health status and to assist them in the performance of those activities contributing to health or recovery or to dignified death that they would perform unaided if they had the necessary strength, will, or knowledge and to do this in such a way as to help them gain full of partial independence as rapidly as possible. Within the total health care environment, nurses share with other health professionals and those in other sectors of public service the functions of planning, implementation, and evaluation to ensure the adequacy of the health system for promoting health, preventing illness, and caring for ill and disabled people. Now you understand that What are the Characteristics of Nurse .
Characteristics of Nursing
- Nursing is caring
- Nursing involves close personal contact with the recipient of care.
- Nursing is concerned with services that take humans into account as physiological, psychological, and sociological organisms.
- Nursing is committed to promoting individual, family, community. and national health goals in its best manner possible.
- Nursing is committed to personalized services for all persons without regard to color, creed, social or economic status.
- Nursing is committed to involvement in ethical, legal, and political issues in the delivery of health care.
what are the functions of nurse?
The nurse is a person who has completed a program of basic, generalized nursing education and is authorized by the appropriate regulatory authority to practice nursing in his/her country. Basic nursing education is a formally recognised programme of study providing a broad and sound foundation in the behavioural, life, and nursing sciences for the general practice of nursing, for a leadership role, and for post-basic education for specialty or advanced nursing practice.
The nurse is prepared and authorized
- to carry out health care teaching
- to engage in the general scope of nursing practice, including the promotion of health, prevention of illness, and care of physically ill, mentally ill, and disabled people of all ages and in all health care and other community settings
- to participate fully as a member of the health care team
- to supervise and train nursing and health care auxiliaries; and (5) to be involved in research
BEST 10 GOOD QUALITIES CHARACTERISTICS OF NURSE
- Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving Skills
- Sense of Humor
- Commitment to Patient Advocacy
Professional Values of Nursing
The Professional Values of Nursing include human dignity, integrity, autonomy, altruism, and social justice.
Hope You like this Artical Define nursing – What are the Characteristics of Nurse and functions of nurse ?
Read More About Nursing: