What is Home Nursing Care?
Home Nursing Care Service – Home nursing services cover a wide range of health services that can be easily administered at your home. Home care nursing services are generally cheaper than hospitals and nursing homes and are just as effective as the medical care provided in a hospital or nursing home.
In-home nursing service provides personalized nursing care at home as offered in a typical hospital. This leads to greater sensitivity towards the patient and a better emotional bond is developed with the patient and their family.
Services offered by Home Care Nursing are provided by Registered Nurses, Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists. And you will never have to worry about the quality of service provided by the home nurse.
When should you seek in-Home service?
The main goal of a home nursing service is to treat an illness or injury.
Vaccination: Get vaccinated at home and stay safe from infectious diseases. home nursing service provide vaccination for H1N1, Typhoid, Pneumonia, Hepatitis etc by qualified nurses at home.
Post surgical care: Surgical care is important, and includes everything from pain management to respiratory management and fluid management. The patient’s chances of a speedy recovery are increased under the supervision of our nurses, who will do everything possible to assist you in the comfort of your home.
Urinary catheterization care: home nursing service staff is well trained and will assist you in the process of urinary catheterization care at your home. Tasks such as catheter insertion, catheter removal or bladder washing will be performed efficiently.
Wound Dressing: Did you know that the healing process varies depending on the type of wound? Nurses have experience in handling various types of surgical wounds, infected wounds and pressure sores and accordingly provide proper wound care for faster recovery.
Oxygen Administration: Oxygen administration is required in acute and chronic conditions such as stroke, hemorrhage, shock, breathlessness, pulmonary disease.
What are the benefits of home nursing care?
There are many benefits of home health care. This is more convenient than being admitted to a hospital or nursing home. Nursing care at home helps a patient recover faster, as it has been found that people recover from their illness faster when they are surrounded by loved ones.
- Nursing staff also oversee the patient’s diet and nutrition. The home health care nurse is important to support the patient in your absence.
- Skilled Nursing care is provided in the comfort of your home.
- Nursing care at home helps to manage chronic health conditions and may also avoid unnecessary hospitalization.
- Home care nursing services also help provide recovery care at home after a hospital stay for illness or injury.
- It provides individualized focus and support to the patient.
- Customers get better health outcomes in most cases.
- It also provides drug management.
Home care nursing begins only after a doctor’s recommendation, and it is essential for the patient to consider a home nurse important. Nursing services are provided by registered nurses who help with ongoing medical support and rehabilitation care.
The basic medical care you can expect from a nursing assistant is as follows:
- Home care nurses take care of the patient’s diet. Takes readings of blood pressure, temperature, heart rate and breathing.
- Regular check-ups are done to see if the patient is properly following the doctor’s prescription and other treatments.
- Inquiries are made about your health and any pain.
- The patient’s safety is checked at home. It is seen whether any medical equipment is needed for patient care and its feasibility is checked at home.
- The patient is educated about self-care.
- And most importantly – regularly coordinated with the doctor to provide the proper course of health care.
How much can home nursing care cost?
The demand for home nursing services has increased tremendously due to rising hospitalization charges, availability of quality health care services and needs of older people. Older people prefer familiar surroundings than hospitals and nursing homes.
The value of home care nursing services can vary depending on the severity of the illness and the length of service sought. Yet the cost of home care nursing services has been found to be anywhere from 20% to 50% cheaper than hospitalization.
Seeing the growth of home healthcare services, many insurance agencies have launched various policies and coverage options that meet different needs and specifications.
The term of the insurance benefit ranges from three to five years and is related to the daily benefit over the benefit period. However, insurance covers only a portion of the total claims for specific products and services and the amount is capped for home healthcare. The cost of home health care insurance also depends on several factors such as your residential area and the type of care you have. Contact your general insurance provider and inquire about their home health care policy and the appropriate premium for you.